As an AI language model, I do not have personal discretion or bias. However, here are ten notable diplomatic efforts or negotiations making a significant impact on international relations:
1. The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) – The agreement between Iran, the United States, and other major world powers aims to limit Iran’s nuclear capabilities in exchange for lifting economic sanctions.
2. The Paris Agreement – An international treaty aimed at reducing carbon emissions and fighting climate change, signed by over 190 nations around the world.
3. The Abraham Accords – A series of agreements between Israel and multiple Arab countries, including the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, aimed at normalizing relations between the countries.
4. The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) – The updated trade agreement between the three North American nations that replaced NAFTA.
5. The Korean peace talks – Diplomatic efforts to ease tensions between North and South Korea and ultimately achieve a peace agreement between the two nations.
6. The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) – A trade agreement between 12 Asia-Pacific nations, including the United States, aimed at reducing trade barriers and boosting economic growth.
7. The Good Friday Agreement – A treaty that helped to bring an end to decades of conflict in Northern Ireland.
8. The South China Sea dispute – Negotiations between China, Vietnam, the Philippines, and other nations over territorial claims in the South China Sea.
9. The Syrian peace talks – Diplomatic efforts to end the ongoing civil war in Syria and bring about a political resolution to the conflict.
10. The Iran nuclear talks – Diplomatic negotiations aimed at resolving tensions and concerns over Iran’s nuclear program.