1. Mars Perseverance Rover mission: NASA’s Perseverance rover successfully landed on Mars in February 2021 and has been sending back stunning images and conducting important experiments.
2. James Webb Space Telescope: The highly anticipated space telescope has been delayed multiple times but is expected to launch in late 2021 and promises to revolutionize our understanding of the universe.
3. China’s Tianwen-1 mission: In February 2021, China’s spacecraft entered Mars’ orbit and has since conducted extensive surveys and research of the planet.
4. Starship SN10/11: SpaceX continues to test its Starship prototype rockets, with the recent successful landing of the SN10 and upcoming plans for the SN11.
5. The discovery of a new exoplanet system: TRAPPIST-1 is a newly discovered planetary system, which has been found to contain several potentially habitable exoplanets.
6. The upcoming total lunar eclipse: On May 26th, 2021, a total lunar eclipse will occur, visible from North and South America, Australia, and parts of Asia.
7. The first-ever space tourism flight: Billionaire Yusaku Maezawa recently announced that he will be taking a trip to space with SpaceX, along with several other paying passengers.
8. The discovery of water on the moon: NASA’s Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) recently discovered water on the sunlit surface of the moon.
9. The upcoming launch of the Europa Clipper mission: NASA’s Europa Clipper mission is set to launch in the mid-2020s and will study Jupiter’s icy moon, Europa, for signs of life.
10. The upcoming total solar eclipse: On December 4th, 2021, a total solar eclipse will occur, visible from Antarctica and parts of South Africa and Australia.